Thursday, October 04, 2007


(crappy picture of Steve sitting on me)

My turtle died this morning. For those of you who didn't know, his name was Steve but that came much later and I always just called him Poochki anyway. He was the bestest turtle ever and I already miss him. He had the brightest, greenest eyes and when I'd put him down somewhere he'd turn his head and look at me as if he was making sure I wasn't leaving him there alone. My vet said that turtles cant be pets in the same way dogs and cats can. But that's not true. Last night Steve and I hung out and watched a movie together. He mostly just sat on my chest with my blanket over his head. He was a tiny turtle but... well just that.

I dont even have one decent picture of him. I was waiting till my dad sent me his camera to take some really good ones. He was too little to get a good close up of.

We wrapped him up in crisp white tissue paper and buried him in the backyard. I'm going to miss seeing him become a big turtle and buying him a bigger aquarium which i was planning to do anyway, when i got the money.

5 comments:

Rajasee Ray said...

im glad you got to watch that movie together last night.
i hope Steve was a happy turtle.
i think he was.
i think he was the happiestest and bestestest turtle ever.

the [R]etard said...

=]

he was the cutest

Anonymous said...

somewhere in another dimension, steve's still around watching movies with you and being happy.

he was a lucky turtle.

Astraeus said...

i ah d a turtle too, it was called minerva. it lived with me for 6 months.. i remeber i had wrapped him up in a white cloth and then placed her in a box and then buried her...

maybe i shall get another turtle

Reeti said...

yea,he was a very lucky turtle