Saturday, April 05, 2008

%drift away (*extremely rare) ...

What started off as a slight breeze grew slowly and steadily into a raging storm. One would hardly imagine that such a seemingly inconsequential occurrence could morph into such a tragedy. It was shockingly devastating. And all there was left over were vestiges of the already broken down surroundings that had originally incorporated the landscape.
I could hardly believe my eyes. I had never for a moment imagined that I would see what I’d seen already in the unnervingly recent past. Or was it the future? Momentarily I couldn’t tell, overwhelmed as I was by the sound of the wind sweeping around me. The vast green fields I’d dreamt of were broken. I had imagined that, no matter what, the land would withstand the pains inflicted on it. I had been proved wrong.

And as soon as it had come… it was gone.

Strange sounds floated past me in my sleep. I dreamt of incense, the soft, burning lights of earthen lamps and slow rustle of cloth sweeping along the floor. And suddenly we were running. Running. Wildly. Past all sorts of the kind of incidental things that one encounters while running like we were. Had we gone too far? Perhaps. But who cared? We were free? To watch the little white flowers nod in their fervent, restless sleep. They must have unhappy dreams. How could something so beautiful contain so much misery? And why?

The way I see it is, I could keep doubting, mistrusting, misinterpreting. Making an arse of myself, generally. And be completely miserable in the process. I could fuck things up a billion times over, but I can do it only a few more times before things go snap. There is nothing wrong. There is no apathy, no pain, no emptiness.

I wish I could just get off it already.




I like typing with my eyes closed. It’s a lot of fun. And relatively easy as well. Haven’t made a mistake so far. Except the capital letters which I shall fix eventually.

I wish I lived in a paper bag.

Oh! Look! Another Beatles song!

But.

Why is this making me sad? I don’t want to be sad. Not tonight. I always get sad around this time. But the writing is helping. I think.

"Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die…"

Oh, how romantical this song must have been many years ago! *sighs*

Today, in this terrible, cynical age, even to me it sounds… clichéd and a little stupid.

Will this tragedy never cease to be?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will reverse psychology work?

You will NOT be alright! All the youth shall be stripped from your bones to be used as paperweight! :P

We'll get through this together, dahlin, all of us.

I can't say I'm not scared a bit myself though.

Write me a letter sometime. I'll read it very-berry slowly. =)

-hug-